10Centuries does not collect very much information from the people and bots who visit this website. The job of the platform is to provide information, not to spy on you. Below is a list of information that is recorded as part of regular performance logging metrics:
- the IP address, browser, requested URL, HTTP response code of the server and, if applicable, the authentication token provided with the request
There are no attempts to reverse out IP addresses or other details from the HTTP request, and this can be verified by looking at the source code for 10Centuries, specifically in the
recordUsageStat() function located in
functions.php, which records the collected data to the
UsageStats table. This information will never be shared with any person, organisation, or entity unless:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
There is no other reason for this data to ever be provided to another entity. In the event 10Centuries is acquired by another party, the information above will be wiped from the databases and backups beforehand.
Cookies and LocalStorage
- A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive
- Cookies are occasionally required by sites on the 10Centuries network
- Cookies and LocalStorage are used only to keep track of your login credentials and personal preferences
Data Storage and Web Traffic
10Centuries is hosted from a server located in Komaki, Japan. Images and other uploaded content may be served from the same server or from an Amazon S3 bucket located in Tokyo, Japan. 10Centuries does make use of CloudFlare for DNS and traffic routing, which means that initial traffic sent to a 10Centuries service will first pass through CloudFlare. Subsequent requests will be direct from your computer to 10Centuries. This is done for a number of reasons. Feel free to get in touch via the contact form if you have any questions or concerns.
10Centuries may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service. Whenever possible, you will be notified of the disclosure.
10Centuries may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified for your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 3 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.